I gave explicit descriptions of the offending item so that Annmarie could go buy me a new one at Home Depot off she went. Jason and I started by readying the barn for animals. We finished cleaning it out and then spread straw all over. This is a sure sign that the weather is changing because in spring and summer they never come int on their own. We then went on to the fence between the barn lot and the ram pasture. It needed to be redirected so that the creek crossing was at a 90 degree angle. There was too much fence hanging over the creek and everyone was using it like an open gate. We had to install a H-brace then custom cut some cow panels to go over the creek. We also had to retighten all the fencing and install wooden fence stays. This took us most of the day. We even redug the front creek through the barn lot. Jason even found some tiger salamander larvae (we had to look them up on the internet!)
Annmarie brought the new driver back but we were busy so it got left over by the fence. After our work was completed Jason went over and picked up the box and says "its 12 volts". The one thing I forgot to tell Annmarie was it should be an 18 volt driver! I jumped in the car and went over and exchanged it while Jason cleaned up the fencing tools. Tomorrow we will hit the roof early and I will use a piece of parachute cord as a safety rope for the impact driver. On a potential plus note, I had saved body #1 of the first broken Makita driver and I may be able to change out the plastic bodies. Here's hoping that works.