|Ready for cooktop install.|
The hamster corpse was starting to get to me. Not so bad that I was willing to cut out a one foot by twenty foot section out of the dining room wall, but it was starting to smell really bad. This morning I needed a rag to finish cleaning up my grout on the backsplash so I opened up the door of the deep sink utility cabinet and the smell was awful and I saw gerbil poop on the floor. I found the dead gerbil. I made Sarah come down and clean up the entire mess, wash all the rags and bleach everything. I think she may need to use vinegar on everything now. It is much better than it was but it has not gone away yet. Here's to hoping the smell doesn't last much longer.
I grouted the backsplash tile I installed last night and then painted the walls where the cooktop was going to be installed. Once that was done I had the child come down and help me install the cabinet. We got it in place and then leveled it front to back and side to side. It is perfectly level so our gas heat should be even. Once that was in place we installed the downdraft fan. I got it all screwed into the top and plugged in and made sure it did not hit the window board. The temporary board is the same depth I want the finished board located. I need a new blade on my table saw before I cut the finish board. It smoked and burned my oak top when I cut it. The cooktop was next and dropped right in. It has two anchors on the side and it overlaps the vent fan. We are very happy with how it turned out. I took a second picture once the sun went down so you could see it lit.
|Works! Just needs downdraft fan exhaust cut in floor and then we need to decide on front facing or drawers.|