I managed to get the spare tire out of the broken pickup with some help from Kelly. Unbeknownst to me the lowering mechanism for the spare tires is pinned together and the pins are easy to break. Kelly fixed it with a piece of copper wire from some Romex cable I had in the old house. Once the spare was down I got the new used tire moved over to the undamaged rim. It is on the pickup and it is ready to be moved near the house so I can reach the power cord so I can create the beast! OPEN AIR FARM TRUCK WRECK. no roof, no doors and seat covers made out of a plastic tarp and duct tape. A pure genius inspiration. There were some damages noted to the suspension on the vehicle when we crawled underneath it, I would not trust it at highway speeds. Good thing the farm truck will never go over 15 mph.
I went in to the parts store to buy some new lights for the trailer and fuses for the pickup. I picked up two lights and had to order the fuses. Both lights were the wrong size and they haven't called to tell me the fuses are in. I will have to stop by this week and get it sorted out.
I went out and tried to drag the pear tree to the burn pile with my little tractor. No way, the front tires were off the ground and it only went one direction which was not the direction I wanted to go. So instead of cutting the tree into two pieces I went over and scooped up a big scoop of rocks with the bucket and then chained right back up to the tree. It worked great, front tires stayed on the ground and I got the whole downed tree to the burn pile in one trip. The weather is nice and dreary and we have had some rain so the burn pile is itching to be burned, but the last two days the wind has been terrible. I need a calm day before I burn. Just waiting for an opportunity.