Today was a big day. Annmarie was home sick so I got a late start after actually reading a book for entertainment this morning. I did check on her throughout the day but she slept most of the day on the living room couch. I decided to install a temporary panel fence out by the cattle guard so I can move the railroad tie two feet closer to the cattle guard. Once that is done I will restring the old barbwire and woven wire fence on the inside of both wooden ends and put up metal T posts. This will let us stack the wheels between the posts and then wire the wheels to the fence to hold them in place so they can be welded together. It is like a huge jigsaw puzzle to get all the metal rims stacked into a wall shape with minimal gaps.
|Rock crib down by road, after equipment snagged it last year.|
|After I repaired it.|
I was able to go to the metal scrap yard today and get 360# of woven wire and 40 metal T posts. I heard bad news while I was there. Someone else is buying T posts from the scrap yard! So now I need to go a little more frequently. If I can snag another 60 this summer it will be great! I need another 400-500 probably to do most of the fencing left. Could be even more if I put them all around the outside of the property. One day at a time. Next month I will have to start in on the barn roof, but the rain is still coming and going and I will not get up on the roof if it has rained recently or is going to rain, too easy to fall.