|Milk shed area scrap cleaned up.|
I cleaned out the milk shed. We had stacked all the old wood earlier in the summer but there was a large trash pile by the entrance. I tossed it in the pickup and picked up more nails from the ground. I had a list of 34 things that needed to be done before winter. I am down to 14 now but some of those are pretty big items. They are going to have to wait till next year.
I put the cow protein lick out by the machine shed so as soon as we let the cows in to the car area to feed them everything is ready. Our two picked on alpaca have had access to our front yard and they come in every day and work on the lawn. I may not have to do the last mowing of the year! The larger black one is getting fat, the super skinny one is starting to put on some weight. He looks better, doesn't look like he is going to keel over and die at any moment any longer.
My baby chickens are still alive and doing well. The hen throws a fit whenever I have to reach in and fix the water or add food. Last night when I went out to the chicken coop my five new brahma chickens were roosting in the nest boxes. I had to throw them all out while I was getting eggs. That could be why the eggs are getting broken.
I have put off installing the yard water hydrants so long that now they must be done. Tomorrow is the big day I have to do some plumbing. I cannot wait...