Monday, April 10, 2017

Actual tiling has begun.

I did it I actually started laying tile down onto the floor. I remembered why I normally buy premixed mastic, it's so very painful to mix by hand. I made it a little thick and it kept trying to dry out. I totally did this backward!!  I should have started in the middle of the room but if I do that I stand a good chance of screwing up the spacing in the hallway. So I started at the narrow entrance to the room. I tried cutting the first few pieces after mixing the mastic but it was slowing me down and allowing the mastic to dry out. 
Sarah stopped by so I had her stir mastic and hand me tiles. I am done for tonight. I should be able to do most of the room tomorrow down to the closets and a 2 foot section along the wall. This will let me get out of the room without stepping on any newly laid tile. I will need to do a third day to finish off the edges and closet. 
I actually really like the look and am looking forward to getting it completed.  

 
I had to go into work briefly this morning to sign time cards. I saw the full moon sitting on a cloud. It was very nice. Those views make me miss flying around in the helicopter. Coming home every night and going to bed with the wife makes me appreciate my current job. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment