It is here! The tractor arrived this morning. It was all clean and shiny upon delivery. I had to work on the trailer all day, but I just couldn't help myself so I jumped on the tractor and took it for a spin. The mower was attached so I fired it up. It worked great but boy there was a dust cloud. Luckily for me I was driving into the wind toward the cattle guard. The only problem with that is I turned around to go back. I was covered in dust and couldn't hardly see, finally had to shut down the mower. For future reference, if mowing in the Summer I will need a dust mask and goggles. So the tractor is no longer clean, it is filthy.
I managed to get the trailer all cleaned out, rearranged and emptied of most unnecessary items. I had to go in to the tractor place to sign the contract. Just under $20K for everything and no interest for 5 years. A sweet deal. Came inside the house once it got too dark to see and listened to our answering machine messages. It was the tractor place thanking me for signing everything but they need my $2K check. In all these discussions I don't recall us having to put any money down. When Annmarie got home I asked her if she knew about the $2k down? It was a surprise to her also. So tomorrow I have to cough up $2k for the down payment. It is doable, but I would have saved expressly for the down payment that I didn't know about. On a more positive note our payments will be just under $300/month. Not sure why I expected to be able to just buy it without any down payment, but I did.
The sheep were out again today. Only four this time, the lead ewe her baby twins and her 10 month old daughter. I cannot figure out how they are getting out, everyone else was stuck inside. I did go over and mess with the fence over the creek, there is no gap now. I let the four sheep back in to the ram pasture and hopefully this stops them from getting out.
I let the baby chickens out of their pen today. They didn't come out but I gave them the option of it for when they are interested. It will take them about a week to become brave enough to wander around the house. We could use some more bug eaters. I also spotted three tiny brown eggs so the Brahma's may even be laying some eggs themselves. I will have to add them in to the chicken hen laying count.