|Hanging out waiting for reports.|
Once at home I dug in to converting the mule from a mild mannered four wheel transport device to a Weed Killing Nemesis. I knew this was going to necessitate several trips to the hardware store. Yep, I managed to get it together and working in two trips, but still need one more trip in the morning to get the last two U-bolts. I had to rewire the the switch and add in all new wires. The old ones got ripped off. I added some wire tires with premade loops and ran all the wires through them to keep them in place and not rubbing on the metal. I had to add another ground wire while I was at it. The boom has 8 spray nozzles on it and I replaced four of them. Amazingly, when I flipped the switch the sprayer came right on. I added some pressure treated 2x4s on each side and bolted those in place. This creates a support that I was able to bolt the sprayer arms
|Repaired mule ready to be transformed|
|Weed Killing machine|
Mr. President almost finished with the hog pile of poop. I went up today and spent a little time cleaning it all up away from the building. He will still need to pick up the last of the pile. After tomorrow it will be all done. I am going to have him work on the other two piles after that. I need to spray then we can work on the roof again. I need to kill a lot of star thistle.