It rained most of the day, which just makes working outside miserable. I had on two light jackets, a heavy vest, a knit cap, gloves and a baseball cap. I thought I would be cold. I was supposed to be working on the barn yard gates but got distracted. I ended up digging out the front creek. There was still an upper section that had not been done yet. I dug it out with a metal rake from each side. I had to drag over two wooden panels to go over the creek so the sheep cannot crawl under the fence.
Annmarie`s plan was to make the barnyard sheep proof so we could let sheep out both ends of the barn. Plan B was in order, I cleaned out all my tools in the anteroom just inside the barn in front of the tackroom. I moved a feeder in and tossed out a bale of straw. The momma and baby got moved in and now they can get themselves to water and shelter. We did shut the sliding door tonight so no predators can get them.
I found a local source for straw and am picking up a ton on Monday. We are using it on the floor. It was only $60/ton, which is a great price plus I don`t have to drive very far.