We moved the baby chicks out to the chicken coop the day before Thanksgiving. They were starting to smell like chickens in the house. They have done great. None have died. I will definitely order from that company again. I replaced the fuse in the automatic chicken door. It only moved 1/2 inch before the fuse blew again. I am going to have to email the gentleman who built it again. Not sure why I keep having so much trouble. We still have 17 hens and 1 rooster with 27 babies. Currently we are getting around 6-7 eggs/day. More chickens are needed to cover all the customers that are not getting eggs.
Doug and I tagged the two boy sheep, the new baby(#19) and our ram(#18). The ram was kinda skinny which I thought was odd but he seemed fine. Last week we had to put him down, he was so weak he could not stand. We cannot afford for a sick animal to make the rest of the herd ill. In a couple of months I will have to get another ram.
We didn't do a wood project this year. I was just too beat. So the girls, Doug and I worked on painting the breeze porch. The girls washed the walls on one half and then we primed and put the first coat of paint on. It is a boring white paint with 87% light reflectivity. It is amazingly brighter in that half of the room. We don't really have any plans to finish the breeze porch any time soon, I was just getting tired of the four different colors of paint. Annmarie and I thinking about just sheeting the walls with 1/4 inch plywood then decoupaging maps all over them. This project has a low priority but it is nice to have a plan. The white just cleans the room up and makes it brighter. My plants will love it!
|Other half of breeze porch to be painted. Lovely color scheme.|
We have not had any new baby lambs since the last one. Soon, very soon from the look of the ewes.