Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Wheat is harvested


It happened, the wheat fields got harvested last week. I always love to see them working the fields. I had just gotten off the night shift and drove up alongside the fields so I could watch. There is a dusty magnificence about that much food being readied for edible end products. I was told we had a heat spurt that hurt the wheat pretty badly and the yield was low.  Farming is a tough business. Mother Nature is fickle and the weather patterns are not as predictable in our region. 
I found a Kickstarter weather station that gives updates on the Internet to a network of like stations. Some states have entire networks set up for agricultural weather reporting and logging of trends. This helps capture microclimates.  I just need to convince Annmarie it's worth $250. 






No comments:

Post a Comment