Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Chickens

So I found some new chickens!!  I was cruising Craig's list and found a listing for Auracuana chickens, they lay BLUE eggs.  So we went to the Tricities today and picked them up at a gas station in an exchange.  She gave us a couple of other chickens called Showgirls (Turkens with fluffy feathers).  So the babies are in the coop now.  I should not loose any this time as they will grow up in the old area and as they get bigger they can go into the 360 degree fenced in outside area.  I am not letting these ones out until they are older than four months.  No cat food this time by letting them out early.  So the chickens were $60, medicated chick food 50# was $14 and new pellet bedding was $12.75.  Now if I can just keep them alive for 6 months I will start to see some return from them.  Now if I could just catch those predators...These are my babies.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have those!! We need to find a home for a crazy looking Rooster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only do baby chicks, I don't want to bring in any diseases. I keep the babies isolated for about 4 months now. I have been wanting these for over a year now. Will see how many hens I got.

    ReplyDelete