Saturday, July 10, 2010

Predators 13, Steve 2

Well I just spent the last 15 hours locked in a new cook shack getting ready for my daughter's swim team meet and then cooking for it.  We have a brand new shack (very nice, donated, expensive trailer with fire suppression system and the works) that needed its maiden voyage charted by a not so gentle soul.  So I just got home.  I was bemoaning the fact that one of my new babies died last night and I had to find it this morning.  Of course it was not one of the two free ones we got.  I just don't have time to mess with the live trap and I could see more of my chickens dying.  By the way I was in my Toyota Prius, and it is a very low car, when I crested the last hill to our turn off and there were two sets of eyes in the road.  I swerved, and a raccoon ended up under the front right tire.  No more raccoon.  The second set of eyes was a cat.  I am not sure how it happened it was very quick.  But there is one less chicken predator within 1/4 mile of our house.  Gotta go as I have to get up in 4.5 hours and do it again for 15 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment