Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Floor progress

I came home from work yesterday to stain the floor and stairs.  Now mind you, I had to get right on it, because I had to take the child to the dentist right after school and then take her to swim practice.  So I picked up the plastic got the stain, rags, tack cloth and old work disposable nitrile gloves (in an attempt to keep my hands clean).  I opened the two cans of stain, one was dried out and crusty, so I only had about 1/3 of a gallon.  I started to clean the floor with the tack cloth and in the end now have several splinters in my hand.  I forgot how much stain is used.  I have to fill up the cracks so they stain and give the floor an even color (there are lots of cracks and holes in the floor).  Oh don't forget I had to have the knee pads.  Not as young as I used to be.
As soon as they are done I can go outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment