Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lamb Update

I have to apologize, because I don't have new photos. Sarah's twice daily swim practices, combined with my treasurer's duties for the swim team have stolen the day away from me. About the only productive non-treasure thing I managed to accomplish today was feeding us both lunch, and swimming laps for about 15 minutes before I thought I would die. Yes, I am that out of shape, but hopefully that will change if I keep it up. But, I promised an update on the lambs, not my busy out-of-shape self.

We checked when we got home from swim practice, and while Machiato (the lighter of the two) was being very very noisy, she was warm, dry, and hydrated. Her tummy was also comfortably full, so she had clearly eaten. Her sister, Mocha, was drowsily napping in the sun. Also dry, and warm with a comfortably full tummy, so all is well. I watched Machiato grab a snack, and this is the ewe that successfully raised our only surviving lamb this winter, so I'm confident that she'll do just fine. We'll get new photos up tomorrow.

And, just for the record, I did not holler at Steve. I simply woke him enough to make sure he was processing and asked him if he wanted to come help with the babies. That was enough to get him out of bed. He just doesn't want to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment