Well, I haven't lost any more chickens. Of course, that could be because we have not forgotten to lock them up! We have been leaving the trap baited during the day in a hope that I may catch something. Well, I did catch something just not what I wanted.
I did catch a kitten tonight. I did the shake and release treatment. Maybe that will freak it out enough it stays away. I plan on getting some chicken coop time this weekend to get ready for winter. I need to finish digging out the deep litter and hanging the other waterers. Luckily, I found the cause of my short in the coop. I changed the breaker today and went outside to attach a waterproof cover on the back of the old house. One of the screws I put in to hold the outlet in place rubbed through a hot wire and was shorting out the power feed. So it is fixed!!! Woo, hoo!! It was fairly easy!