Sunday, March 20, 2011

Epigee Moon

We were tired and planning to hit the sack, but Sarah had made us stop the movie and look at the  moon earlier after Grandma had called to say that the moon would be at its closest point in 18 years.  It didn't look that impressive from the back porch.  So 2.5 hours later as we are gearing up for bed, I looked out the window and decided I had better run out and get some pictures.  Now it never occurred to me to just take a picture of the moon.  Plus, have you ever tried to focus the lens on a camera in the dark?  How do you really do that?  The auto focus mechanism on the camera does not work as there is not enough light available.  It was so bright out that I was able to run the camera and walk around by moonlight only.  I didn't even take a flashlight out with me.  Now there were a couple of times I thought I saw Bigfoot up the creek, but that could have been the moon playing tricks on me. All these pictures were taken around 2300.  The building pictures got much lighter as the moon rose in the sky and a few clouds dissipated.
Running water by Epigee moonlight.




































chicken house, this is the direction I thought I saw bigfoot last night.

















Old sheep barn and granary by epigee moonlight.  I thought the white spots
were dirty spots on my lens reflector inside the camera.  Annmarie
pointed out this morning that they are stars!!
I knew that, just had not occurred to me (really I would have thought of it eventually)
(probably after I cleaned the lens reflector!!)

It justs keeps getting lighter.  A very nice picture of the Three sisters (star formation)
At the far right side you can see our walkway lights are on because it is nighttime!

















Here is the house and my future garden (piles of tires)  Annmarie wants me to put a wooden fence around the tires
so that they are not such an eyesore.  Unfortunately, that is low on the priority list for this year.  It is not the
bridge, fence or barn and I won't have much quality time with the barn either this year.
All these pictures were taken by Epigee moonlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment