Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sad news

It's 4:10am, and I'm at the computer. I woke up about 20 minutes ago and had a short conversation with myself about that lamb. It was short because I was worried, but I had to have it because I really didn't want to get out of bed. But, I know myself well enough to know that if I had not gotten up and the lamb hadn't made it, I would have felt terrible. Unfortunately, the lamb did not make it. It has only been about 4 hours since her last feeding. If she were at all healthy, she should have been able to make it that long, since she was also nursing from momma. There must have been something wrong with her from the get go. This happens occasionally, but it's still sad. The good news is that the little brown lamb was with momma and got right up when everyone started making noise, so I'm confident he'll make it just fine. Again, all pronouns are generic. I'll do a gender check in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment