Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Steve was right!

Steve was right. That last ewe was not just fat. She just delivered twins. One brown and one black. Pictures will come soon. I'm keeping an eye on the little black one because it hasn't stood up yet, and I'm a bit concerned. Of course, this is the crazy wild ewe, so getting her and the babies into the barn isn't likely, because she's more scared of me than she is concerned with her babies, so I can't even use them to lead her to shelter. Thankfully it's warm enough that I don't have to force the issue. I'm thinking Baily is going to sleep outside tonight a predator control, since getting them inside isn't very likely. For now, I'm off to make up a bottle of warm lamb replacer for the the little black lamb to see if I can get it up on its feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment