Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a girl




The surviving lamb is little ewe, and she's doing very well. The interaction between her and momma is not quite like the other ewes, but it seems to work for them. I'm very used to always seeing the lamb dogging momma's heels, but this one is just as likely to be tucked down somewhere napping clear across the pasture from momma. Gives me a bit of a start, and I've been out to look for her at least twice today, but every time I find her, her tummy is full, and when she starts to bleet, momma comes to investigate (eventually), so I guess it's all good. I gotta say, though, that this is one of the smallest babies we've had. The legs are the only reason she's bigger than a cat. Just tiny.


2 comments:

  1. I did not realize how tiny she was until I looked closer at that photo of her beside the chicken. Pint size adorable (and really pretty too, will she always have that color?)

    ReplyDelete